CHT is a new, well funded and very fast-growing medical technology business. We are already the #1 private Covid testing business in London, and have ambitions to grow significantly in the next year-not just in numbers but also in the range of other services we offer.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to take ownership of our system, growing it from a 'solid MVP' to a robust, scalable and efficient platform supported by a high-performing team. You will be reporting to, and working closely with, the company founders to ensure our tech can support our ambitions.
This is a hands-on role and you will need to be actively involved in the software development process (i.e. doing, not just managing). However, for the right candidate we anticipate a steady shift to a more strategic and managerial focus as the team grows-to be recognised with a CTO title in due course. Offices are based in W1. We are open to a flexible working arrangement, although some in-person time in the office will be required.
- Building and maintaining robust, secure systems which meet company objectives. In the short term, this will include taking the lead on freshly developed modern infrastructure (current stack: Python Django, PostgreSQL, Heroku and AWS) as well as introducing a new customer-facing web app
- Providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, ensuring our roadmap is informed by a clear understanding of technical feasibility and risks
- Establishing best-in-class engineering practices and processes
- Building, managing and developing our development team, creating a high performing culture in which team members enjoy and are proud of the work they are doing
- A strategic, logical thinker and a creative problem solver
- Thoughtful and empathetic, always striving to understand other people's perspectives and challenges
- Business-minded and pragmatic, able to effectively balance competing needs and respond effectively to an ever-changing landscape
- Committed to excellence, and a stickler for engineering processes which result in high-quality, dependable digital products. In our business, mistakes have a real impact on people's lives
We would expect your technical credentials to include:
- 5 years of relevant industry experience, including hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Proficiency in Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including security, testing, source control and deployment
- Some devops experience (preferably with Heroku)
That said, we are open minded with regard to exact experience. If you don't quite hit the criteria above but think you can do an excellent job regardless, please get in touch and explain why you think you are the right person for us.
- 80% Work-From-Home
- Options Pool
- Telephone call
- Take-at-home test
- Test Review Call
- Founders Call
Python, DjangoDjango, Python, PostgreSQL, Testing, Heroku