We're an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we've provided 4 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role:
We believe there are two different paths in engineering - a mastery path where you manage technologies and a management path where you manage people. Our Lead Engineers are engineers that want to solve problems by the means of technology.
Right now, we're looking for a Lead Engineer to work closely with our CTO, Head of Development and wider peer group to inspire our engineering team and deliver products and technology that everyone is proud of.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Hands-on development - We are embracing a microservice architecture approach that allows us to deploy and compose functionality to meet the changing needs of our business. As well as providing architecture and design authority you will also be hands-on - designing, building and implementing features in small iterative releases.
- Mentoring, guiding and coaching - Using your knowledge, experience and excellent judgement, you will develop strategic thinking in the team, supporting engineers in making decisions, removing blockers and clarifying priorities. You will assist the team to identify opportunities (technical and otherwise) and address them through mature, open discussion that avoids conflict and focuses on resolution.
- Implementing new ideas and inspiring others - You keep yourself up-to-date on software technology trends considering opportunities to utilise within Zava's technology landscape. As a champion in knowledge sharing, you will encourage engineers of all abilities to discover and learn new processes, systems, technologies and programming approaches.
- Excellence and quality - You strive for and help others achieve high standards. You are instrumental in communicating, collaborating and interacting with engineers at all levels to ensure our applications and environments are stable, scalable, secure and performant.
For this role it would be beneficial to have experience with:
- Coaching and supporting others
- Working with 3rd party partners, engineers & suppliers to effectively deliver new capabilities
- Design and development of applications and services taking into consideration operational support, security, reliability, performance and cost
- Developing applications for a Cloud environment (we use AWS)
- RESTful API development and consumption
- Knowledge of any of: Node.JS, PHP or GoLang
- Code versioning tools, such as Git
- Serverless, Docker Containers
- CI tools (we use Jenkins and Codedeploy)
- Remote working
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fruit and coffee (if in office)
- Telephone call
- Tech Test
- Panel Interview
- Senior Manager Wrap-up