We've built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, where you can walk in without an appointment and leave with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you're getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years. We're committed to making a difference and delivering a different type of banking for Britain. We are committed to providing you with unparalleled levels of service and convenience. This is why our stores are open early 'til late. We offer a super-quick account opening, on the spot card printing as well as a 24/7 London-based contact centre.
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer's simple. It's our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
About the role:
Are you an expert in Software Development and operating as a Front End Engineer? Do you have experience leading a team of software developers within a technical team? Can you use your in-depth Angular knowledge and experience to develop game changing applications? If yes, then we may have the role for you.
Here at Metro Bank our message is simple; to revolutionise the entire banking industry by creating fans out of every customer. As a Lead Angular Engineer, you will support the growth of our Bank by delivering new and enhanced digital features onto our web banking platform so that we can continue to provide amazing service to our customers through a world class capability. You will bring innovation, energy and expertise to a team that aims to create market leading digital products and the best possible digital solutions, processes and systems. Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible.
- Leading a team of Software developers within an IT team focused on leading and supporting development of Core Banking applications for a rapidly expanding bank
- Providing resolution of various live issues in challenging timelines
- Create governance in the software sector
- Mentoring colleagues and make sure that they are following the latest UI standards
- Enhancing our internal technology capabilities to ensure a better user experience for colleagues and customers
- Have the ability to handle high pressure situations and provide excellent service to customers
- Have the ability to prioritize work and split time across a number of tasks that may be on the go at any one time
- Working with a diverse group of colleagues - that may be split across various locations
- Creating/enhancing/adapting existing software
- Delivering technical solutions
- Creating documentation that records processes and resolutions
- Working with numerous 3rd party vendors and ensure a streamlined approach with internal and external departments
- Working with project managers to land new software right the first time and deal with any issues professionally and quickly
- Working on multiple projects and programmes and ensure they are successfully deployed
- Supporting the development of Software solutions for eventual deployment to the Live System
You need to be this kind of person:
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- Experience working with Angular (Ideally Angular 11/12), as well as RxJs and NgRx
- Hands on experience in writing unit, integration, and functional tests using Jasmine, Jest and Karma
- Experience of end to end testing with Protractor or Cypress
- Experience of developing accessible (WCAG 2.1) UI elements
- Comfortable with responsive and mobile first design
- Architectural knowledge of REST APIs and Micro-services
- Deep understanding of Git and version control systems
- Good experience of delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum / Kanban.
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production quality code
- Exposure to AWS / Cloud computing
- Ability to communicate technical challenges to non-technical colleague
- Bonus scheme
- Share scheme
- Life assurance
- Screening call
- Video Call 1
- Video Call 2