OUR STORY AND HOW YOU CAN HELP CONTRIBUTE
Everything But The House (EBTH) is a revolutionary marketplace, making it easier to find or sell secondhand goods, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for helping people via a full-service approach to consignment; revolutionizing how homeowners, estate managers, dealers and collectors connect with a world of shoppers seeking rare and wonderful things. Each day the global auction platform unleashes an ever-changing assortment of art, jewelry, fashion, collectibles, antiques and more, all with a starting bid of $1.
EBTH aspires to be the first stop for secondhand online. We stand behind our work and offer every customer the Uncommon Promise. If we don't uphold our end of the bargain, we'll do our best to make it right.
We're seeking a Jewelry Validation Specialist to assess and curate jewelry lots for sale on EBTH digital platforms.
As a dynamic company, we move fast and seek to continuously improve and while this will be a very demanding position, you'll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals who are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way personal property is sold, bought and moved across the country and we have a lot of fun while we're doing it. We're proud of our journey and we're eager to share our story with shoppers, clients and consignors across the world!
Discover everything uncommon at EBTH.COM.
TASKS YOU'LL BE JUGGLING
- Decipher between costume jewelry, fine jewelry, and silver.
- Sort and visually group lots based on quality, value, and style.
- Work swiftly and process multiple pieces per hour.
- Assess the need for and ensure jewelry receives cleaning as required.
- Familiarize yourself with and adhere to correct cleaning processes based on metal and stone type.
- Collaborate with internal teams to correct any inaccurate or missing standards before items are live.
- Help to maintain a team culture of open and positive communication.
- Minimize jewelry returns by providing accurate assessment and condition of jewelry.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CREDENTIALS WE ARE SEEKING
- High school diploma required, with higher-level degree and/or experience in auctions or with the evaluation of jewelry or gemstones preferred.
- Basic knowledge of silver, gold, and other metals.
- Two+ years related experience and/or training working with jewelry.
- Knowledge of vintage, high end costume jewelry, metals, and ability to decipher quality items from costume or faux pieces.
- Fluency with a loupe and measuring tools such as mm gauge, ring sizer, weight scales, rulers and basic equipment that is jewelry.
- Tech-savviness; computer proficiency is key (Google Drive/Microsoft Office/Processing Systems).
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person within and across teams.
- Ability to work swiftly and accurately.
- Drive! This business is fast-paced and challenging. A self-starter is a must!
- A team player mentality with an ability to work independently.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to maintain a set production schedule to align with business needs, while being willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends if business needs require.