- Job Reference: 592963115-2
- Date Posted: 15 May 2022
- Recruiter: Howmet Aerospace
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Care in the community, Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Job Type: Permanent
Howmet Aerospace is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
For more information, visit . : Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technology Intern position will be located in our Plant 10, Whitehall Casting Operation.
**Primary responsibilities include:**
- Coordination, support and installation of various electrical control system projects.
- Provide engineering support for projects designed and built both internally and externally.
- Update of basic overall Plant layouts.
- Review / verify & update the "Critical 8" (applicable) maps / layouts.
- Assist in the performance of audits and inspections.
- Assist in the generation, review, verification, and implementation of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Robotic grit & water blasts are prime examples.
- Update electrical and electronic drawing database (eliminate all related obsolete equipment).
- Participate in near future work cell / layout proposals.
- Assist with Plant Hoshin / TPM efforts as related to Maintenance (focus on EB units).
- Work with Plant Eng. & Operations staff for cost reduction opportunities thru process reviews, competitive bidding and drawing revision reviews.
- Work with staff to streamline and review processes and develop standardized procedures.
- Minimum completion of Sophomore level coursework from an accredited institution.
- Active pursuance of bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Previous electrical co-op, internship or experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- PLC programming experience.
- HMI programming experience.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation Allen Bradley PLC & RSLogix programming software.
- Experience with Wonderware SCADA.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation Factory Talk SCADA.
- Knowledge of Electrical distribution systems for voltage below 600V.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical or Solidworks Electrical.
- Experience with industrial robots, Motoman or other.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E and NFPA 79 codes