Interim Senior MIS and Business Intelligence Consultant | Technology Scale-Up
Harmonic Finance are proud to be recruiting on an exclusive basis for one of the United Kingdom's technology professional services success stories.
Our client are a niche professional services group who provide software development and platform transformation to a series of very high-profile clients. Formed in 2012 and still privately-owned by the founders, they are on course to hit over 250 full time employees by next year.
However, in order to set the company up for the next stage of their development they understand that it is important to improve their internal use of data, and to establish a series of metrics across each department which can embed 'what good looks like' across each of their sites. While also helping to provide the management and Exec team with greater data insight upon which to make key decisions.
You will initially be tasked with gathering requirements through meetings with each of the senior stakeholders, including what data they would like access to which they do not have presently. And also identifying which systems should (and can) integrate with one another.
Next on the list will be presenting a series of suggested actions e.g. what you understand the new KPIs should be, how the data should be stored and shared and what dashboards/data visualization solutions could be used to improve the business. Assuming you have the hands-on capability, you may then be tasked with delivering this in the medium-term in a more hands-on capacity.
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Experience of working cross-departmentally with a diverse set of stakeholders: Finance, CEO, COO, HR, Commercial, CTO, Recruitment
- Good hands-on experience with Excel / Google sheets
- Experience of leading on systems and data integration projects (our client use a range of Finance, HR and Marketing systems which are currently not integrated in spite of each of them having an SQL back-end)
- Knowledge of data visualization solutions both in respect of being part of a team who have implemented them, and also - in a hands-on capacity- configuring these data visualization solutions.
- Solid understanding of data analysis in a commercial setting
- Some SQL experience would be helpful, but is not essential.
Remote, but with some travel into offices once safe to do so.
Rate: 400-600 pounds per day.
Duration: 3 months initially (scope to extend or to go perm)