The World Reimagined is a ground-breaking, national art education project to transform how we understand the Transatlantic Slave Trade and its impact on all of us.
The World Reimagined will see trails of large Globe sculptures in cities across the UK in August- October of 2022, created by artists to bring to life the reality and impact of the Transatlantic Slave Trade. The trails will be the centre of a broader public engagement programme - with hundreds of community groups, sporting and cultural institutions taking part across the country.
We are now looking for an exceptional person to join us as our Heritage Lead to lead our work in engaging Heritage Partners across the UK and building our Journey of Discovery History Collection.
At this key moment for racial justice in our society and across the world, this is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in providing opportunities for greater understanding of our shared history and empathy within our society.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Operations, you will lead the development of the Journey of Discovery History Collection.
The role will focus on these main goals
* Identify, engage and manage relationships with our contributing Heritage Partners across our host cities;
* Manage Journey of Discovery Content Development pipeline:
* Scope and agree process with Heritage partners
* Oversee contributions from Heritage Partners
* Manage copywriters and mental health professionals to produce final content
* Ensure that all content is robustly researched, referenced and maintained in a database
* Ensure all required permissions are received
* Collaborate with our community coordinators in each host city to support Heritage partners in (i) engaging their audiences with The World Reimagined; and (ii) connecting with our community programme in our host cities;
* Support the development and delivery of our Digital Platform through close coordination with the Director of Strategy
* Support our marketing & communications activity, by coordinating around content with our marketing team
* Ensure the effective administration of this project within the broader The World Reimagined programme, including budgeting and evaluation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a person with at least five years' experience curating and coordinating the delivery of heritage projects. They'll be able to hit the ground running by matching their ability to build a broad variety of relationships with the capacity to take in and process a lot of information quickly and thoughtfully.
The following will be assets for this role:
* A keen interest and understanding of the history and themes to which The World Reimagined speaks;
* A proven track record and ability to work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment;
* Outstanding persuasive communication skills, with the ability to share both organisational information and history in a compelling and accessible way;
* Deep familiarity with heritage research methods and best-in-class referencing and evidencing methodologies;
* Strong project management and organisational skills;
* Excellent attention to detail.
THE PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR
With a small core team and an ambitious agenda, we put a strong emphasis on team selection values. We look for people who
* Have a clear sense and understanding of their passion and purpose-and that these overlap with our mission and work;
* Are curious about the world, how to find solutions, and - above all - people;
* Possess a good knowledge of the heritage sector;
* Have entrepreneurial, adaptable and focused mindsets to deliver on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment