"Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice"
Citizens Advice Southwark has a track record of delivering high-quality services from its offices in Peckham and Bermondsey and outreach locations across Southwark and South East London. We sort out problems together, for good, by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice across all areas of social welfare law, and through using the experience of our clients to bring about positive change through research and campaigns.
Generalist Advice Worker/Advice Session Supervisor (or Trainee position)
Post funded by Southwark Council.
The post is suitable for an experienced Advice Session Supervisor (ASS) or as a development opportunity for a Certificated Generalist Advisor to train to become an ASS within six months of starting in post. If applying without existing experience of supervising volunteers and of undertaking the role of Advice Session Supervisor the starting salary will be Scale 6 - £29,194 whilst undertaking training.
The post holder will be required to work across all of our offices and outreaches in Southwark according to operational needs.
The role includes:
- Providing advice to the public and undertaking casework on social welfare law issues
- Supervising advice and gateway assessment sessions
- Supporting and supervising volunteers
To be successful you will need:
- Have achieved the Generalist Advisor Certificate and have experience of Generalist Advice Casework
- Either experience of supervising volunteers and undertaking the role of Advice Session Supervisor or be able to demonstrate the ability to undertake this role with training provided within 6 months of starting
- To understand, empathise with and be committed to the Service's aims, principles and equal opportunities policies
Closing date: 9.00 am Tuesday 1st February 2022
Interviews: Monday 7th February
For further information and an application pack please visit our website via the Apply button.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution up to 10% salary, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.