Are you a qualified Accountant looking for greater progression and career development? Are you tired of feeling that your talent is underutilised? If you are a career focused Accountant looking to further your management capabilities, this established real estate Fund team can offer you the opportunity to step up.
Joining a team of 3 Managers, you'll have the support of experienced peers as well as the support of an experienced Senior Manager.
This high growth, well established business are open to considering candidates from practice, candidates with fund accounting experience or candidates from industry with strong consolidations and inter-company experience.
As Assistant Manager, your duties will involve:
- Managing a small team of Fund Accountants - managing workload planning and staff development, including appraisals and objective setting
- Ensuring client work is delivered efficiently and on budget
- Reviewing profitability
- Review of deliverables to clients, including financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues
- Drafting internal procedures and other internal documents
- Organising take-on and set-up of new clients, including:
o Analysis of client needs
o Appropriate staffing and workload balancing
- Maintaining and developing existing client relationship through good management of team and deliverables
- Analysing financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information
- Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics
- Dealing with year end audit issues including ensuring preparation of relevant files and resolving issues
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- A good understanding of agreements associated with real estate fund structures and interpretation of terms used would be beneficial
- A good understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP and other relevant accounting standards, preferably gained within a funds environment
- Understanding the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate businesses
- Ability to prepare and review large multi-jurisdictional consolidations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level
- Ambitious, driven and tenacious personality - this is a high growth business with fantastic career progression opportunities
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo London.