Lightdash connects to your dbt project and allows everyone to answer their own data questions. Lightdash removes the gap between your data transformation layer and your data visualization layer. It enables data analysts and engineers to control all of their business intelligence (data transformations/business logic as well as data visualization) in a single place.
Lightdash integrates with your dbt project and gives a framework for defining metrics and specifying joins between models all within your existing dbt YAML files. The data output from your dbt project is then available for exploring and sharing in lightdash.
No more scattered, duplicated metrics across multiple tools. No more time spent trying to maintain data changes in both dbt and and your data viz tools. No more context lost between your data transformation and your data visualization layer.
About the role:
We're looking for a front-end engineer to join our small and growing team. The role will involve taking ownership of the Lightdash UI, working closely with design and UX.
We value small and high performing teams and are looking for our first full-time front-end engineer to join alongside the current core team. The responsibilities will go beyond just the technical stack, and you'll be expected to contribute to the company strategy and will have a lot of influence over the product roadmap going forward.
What the job involves:
Some things we're looking for:
- Build features from start to finish: plan, build, test, deploy, iterate
- Design and build our frontends for exploring analytics data including data visualisations
- Design and build a smooth onboarding process for our cloud hosted product
- Enforce good standards across the team to create a consistent visual identity for our products
- Interacting with our users in the community (through Discourse, Twitter or Github) and reviewing their issues and using the feedback to prioritise our work
- Having an ownership mindset: being comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
Our tech stack:
- You have experience in building interactive products that teams love: you're excited about building the most user-friendly products for teams to take their raw data and turn it into insights.
- You appreciate good design (UI/UX) - You have an attention to detail and can ensure the team is implementing good standards
- You have experience or an interest in open source projects
- You're a fantastic communicator, especially in a remote team and are happy to continuously challenge existing ideas
- You're thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
While we don't expect you to have used all the components of our stack, it'd be great to know which parts of it you're familiar with:
- Primary stack: Typescript, React, Node, SQL
- Frameworks: express, react-hooks
- Infrastructure: Docker, GCP
- Remote first culture
- Any equipment you need to work from home (desk, displays, mechanical keyboards,...)
- Prefer working from a co-working space? We'll cover the costs.
- Generous equity
- Personal development budget
- Intro call with the founder
- Technical interview w/ CTO
- Culture fit interview
UI/UX, Typescript, ReactUI/UX, Typescript, React, Node.js, SQL, ExpressJS, Docker, GCP