Want to make a difference in this world and work on something meaningful? At Chronomics we enable people to quantify how their environment and lifestyle is affecting their health to live healthier and happier lives… all from their DNA. Right now we are also focusing our efforts on COVID-19 and have developed an innovative saliva based test and online platform.
Chronomics is an ambitious health tech start-up that believes people should be in charge of their own health. Health management should be proactive, not reactive and it should be personalised. We are using longitudinal biological data to bring about this revolution. A revolution where not only will people be in control of their own future but also in control of how they contribute to the future of humanity through the use of their data.
This product is just the first step towards a platform technology that will serve as the interface between the biological and digital world. It's an incredibly exciting time to come on board where you can really make a difference.
About the role:
Engineering is at the heart of what we do at Chronomics and our API first approach drives everything. We are using technology to disrupt science and empower people with their health data. We have mobile (react native) and web (react) platforms that thousands of customers and partners use daily to access their health information.
You will take ownership of projects and work closely with other internal teams and internal APIs to build amazing end-to-end experiences that bring significant value to our customers. With a can-do attitude and a strong product mentality, you are happy to get stuck in designing, building and maintaining scalable, reliable and performant systems.
You will be set up for success if you have:
- Build amazing end-to-end experiences that bring significant value to customers
- Care deeply about how our products work and people interact with them
- Build reusable UI components and libraries
- Expert knowledge of JS including React and/or React native
- Proficient in HTML/CSS/SASS etc.
- Experience consuming APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience of headless CMS's
- Agile development product mindset
- Ability to create rapid prototypes and understand how these differ from production level code
- Test automation
- Working on metric driven development that drives customer value
- Good understanding of UX and creating user interfaces that people love to use
What would make you amazing:
- Introduce simplicity, not complexity
- Understand product, what the value to the end customer is and how your work contributes towards this
- Desire to take ownership of products
- Bring new ideas to the table
- Analytical and thorough
- Logical thinker
- You're not married to one technology and choose the right tool for the job
- You like to move fast and make an impact
- And most of all you're enthusiastic and get shit done
- Ability to work in a changing environment
Our Tech Stack:
- Any backend experience (Node/PHP)
- DevOps (AWS)
- Start up experience
- We believe in the right tool for the job but we are moving towards a full Typescript stack deployed via CI/CD to AWS
- React JS/Native on the front end
- Node on the backend (moving away from PHP monolithic to more event driven microservice architecture) with some Python sprinkled on for the more data science parts
- On the database side MySql/Postgres and GraphQL
Home office set-up
Access to global co-working space
Learning and Development
Full tech kit
25 days annual leave(+ 8 public holidays)
- Talent Screen Call
- Hiring Manager Video Interview
- Final Video Interview/Culture Interview