Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile. The cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution.
Grabyo is trusted by major publishers and rights holders such as ITV, BT Sport, EA Sports, World Rugby, The BRIT Awards, The Television Academy, The English Football Association (FA), UFC, AELTC Wimbledon and many more. Our platform integrates with the major social platforms - including Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, and YouTube. Grabyo is also a preferred global partner for Facebook Live.
For more information on Grabyo please visit the company page .
About the role:
We are dedicated to making sure you are happy and committed during your time with Grabyo. We achieve this by pushing the platform and the team to use the latest technologies and to give you a whole new set of responsibilities. You will be responsible for your products end to end, from design and architecture to releasing and supporting in production. This way we guarantee that you will be engaged, challenged and more importantly: that you can make the difference.
Being social is a huge part of the Grabyo family. We like to have fun together and we provide a series of activities to help in this area. If you are interested in these activities and some of the benefits we enjoy at Grabyo, please visit this website . If technology gets you going in the morning, then you are in the right place!
As a Front-End Developer at Grabyo; you will be involved with building a browser-based video editing tool (similar to Premiere Pro or Final Cut), building beautiful and reusable UI components, and overcoming functionality challenges found in our web applications.
React, ES6, mobx, mobx-state-tree, styled-components, next.js, WebSocket, WebRTC, WebGL, webpack, babel, jest, nightwatch.js, AWS S3, Cloudfront, Fargate, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, CircleCI, Jenkins… - these are a few of the state-of-the-art techs you will work with.
To make sure you keep growing your knowledge around tech, we provide you with professional development opportunities like Hackathons, Tech hours, and have a development budget and pair programming days to improve our automated testing culture.
- Building video tools in-browser
- Define a strategy to perform code migrations to modernise our platform
- Taking ownership of your work, if you build it, you will maintain it and keep on improving it
- Helping to set up code standards and processes within the Front-end Chapter
- Work within a dynamic & international environment with an agile working culture using methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
The big plus:
- Experience with a front-end framework, React.js is our preferred option
- Writing readable and testable code
- You have worked in an agile environment and like to cooperate with different teams
- Experience developing rich web applications
- Understanding of digital video or video editing/production tools
- Personal development budget and training material,
- Bi-annual hackathons,
- 25 days holiday and additional unpaid holiday week
- Flexible working hours and remote working;
- Company away days, Christmas party
- Sports games for all levels
- Personal development budget and training material
- Ride to work scheme
- Weekly and monthly social events
- Grabyo book library