Financial crime is a multi-billion-pound problem in the United Kingdom with devastating economic, security, and social impacts. The role of the financial services (FS) sector in preventing, detecting, and managing the risk of being used as a conduit to perpetrate financial crime is hugely important. It's a highly regulated sector and firms must comply with a vast amount of, often complex, national, and international legislation.
At Mazars, we help our FS clients protect themselves from the financial, operational, and reputational damage of financial crime and we are looking for a passionate financial crime professional to join our regulatory consulting team. There is ample opportunity for career progression and professional development for the right person.
If you want a career in financial crime prevention, an opportunity to be at the forefront of growing our business and a great work-life balance please consider a career at Mazars.
The successful candidate's primary area of expertise will be in anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and sanctions.
The Manager would be expected to participate in the active growth of our FS Consulting practice by leading multiple client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of FS clients to deliver professional services, and leading business development activities.
As a Manager, you will:
- Plan, execute and deliver client engagements, making sure all is delivered within the agreed/guaranteed timeline and budget. Projects will involve advising or supporting our clients to meet their regulatory responsibilities in relation to AML/CTF and sanctions
- Lead teams to achieve successful project delivery
- Provide on the job training, mentoring, coaching to more junior staff
- Develop and deliver technical training courses to our clients and internal staff
- Participate in business development and marketing initiatives such as client seminars/webinars, writing thought leadership, writing proposals to clients
- Create / enhance our service offerings, methodologies, and approaches
Inclusion and Diversity
- Ideally holds relevant professional qualification/s in financial crime, AML/CTF compliance
- Significant experience required. An ideal candidate would have experience leading consulting projects in a professional services firm or leading projects in the second or third line in Financial Services firms
- Experience working with clients in the FS sector specifically in Financial Crime Compliance roles - specifically AML/CTF and sanctions and preferably (but not essential as development will be fostered) Anti Bribery and Corruption and Fraud
- Comprehensive understanding of businesses, structures, governance and control frameworks in the FS sector
- Strong understanding of the UK, EU and global regulatory framework and developments regarding financial crime compliance. Specifically, knowledge of legal obligations, regulatory and other requirements, and guidance such as that set out by the Proceeds of Crime Act, the Terrorism Act, Money Laundering Regulations, FCA and JMLSG guidance's, FATF recommendations.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to develop and maintain internal and external network of contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present effectively to senior level client executives.
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to lead and develop professional staff with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team as well as manage projects independently.
- Works well with others in the team and acts as a role model, setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
- Communicates team goals with clarity, sets clear objectives for team members that are aligned to business plans and monitors and assesses performance, providing timely feedback and support as necessary.
- Promotes the firms values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.