As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?Your Role and Responsibilities
Within your role as an Analyst at Promontory you will:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provide support and research to projects including the review and analysis of materials provided to us by firms which form part of their financial crime risk management framework, such as policies, procedures, and governance artefacts or such as customer onboarding documents. Your analysis will draw on your knowledge and experience of UK Financial Crime regulatory requirements.
- Assist in drafting, revising and presenting client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
- Gather, analyse, and interpret data related to the scope of projects.
- Support senior stakeholders on larger client projects as and when required.
- Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
- Play a hands-on role in business development by helping to draft proposals and assist with project set up and planning.
- Take an active role in knowledge sharing, thought leadership and practice development to ensure the practice remains abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Monitor and prepare reports on UK and global financial regulatory developments.
- Travel as required to client sites in the UK and internationally (depending on COVID-19 restrictions and remote working policies). Time spent travelling varies depending upon the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience working in a financial crime compliance and/or advisory role, ideally within the Banking sector.
- Working knowledge of the UK anti-money laundering regulations and associated regulatory and industry guidance. Understanding of FCA regulatory regimes and ability to navigate their published rules and guidance.
- Understanding of specific focus areas, e.g. payment screening, transaction monitoring and governance & reporting.
- Experience of FCA regulated firms, the issues they deal in their regulated business and the expectations of general standards that apply to such regulated firms.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a fast-paced, high pressure work environment.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Strong skills in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
About Business Unit
- Additional experience in other financial institutions such as Asset Management or Insurance.
- Working knowledge and awareness of other relevant anti-financial crime laws and regulations such as Sanctions, Terrorist Financing and Bribery and Corruption.
- Good product knowledge relevant to retail or wholesale banking sectors.
- Some knowledge of other regulations, such as the Senior Managers Regime, MAR and Conduct Risk.
- A relevant qualification in financial crime risk management (for example ACAMS or International Compliance Association certificate and/or diploma).
- Technical expertise and experience in broader compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change - to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.About IBM
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.