Are you a newly qualified accountancy professional looking to make your first move out of practice? Keen to secure a role offering exceptional on the job training and the ability to pick up more responsibilities as you progress? Looking for the opportunity to further your team management skills? If yes, read on!
My client is an industry leading charity who are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis in this newly created role. Based in London, this role will be responsible for the management and coordination of the annual accounting cycles for the charity and all of its subsidiaries, whilst also providing support and guidance to an experienced, high performing team. If you are looking to make your move into the sector, this is the perfect CV-enhancing opportunity offering exceptional on the job training under supportive leadership.
The key duties of this Financial Controller role are as follows:
- Take the lead in the production of the statutory accounts for both the charity and the trading subsidiary.
- Provide invaluable support to the line manager in the preparation of the consolidated annual accounts, with the view of taking full responsibility for them as you progress.
- Be the key day-to-day contact for the External Auditors at year end, ensuring schedules are designed and relevant documents provided in a timely fashion.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of eight finance professionals, giving them every opportunity to progress in their careers.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of VAT returns and review of Gift Aid claims.
- Play a key role in the annual budget setting process for the Finance Department.
- Work closely with the line manager on the development and maintenance of the charity's accounting software, making any improvements as necessary.
This Financial Controller role will officially be based out of the charity's head office in London, however remote working would be carried out until early 2022. Furthermore, my client has an excellent history for employing and developing newly qualified accountancy professionals from practice who are looking to make their first move from practice into industry.
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved their full accountancy qualification or be a finalist.
- Ideally, have a background working in the charity sector, but this is by no means essentially.
- Experience preparing statutory accounts and VAT returns.
- Exceptional communication and international skills.
- Ideally, experience of supervising or managing a small team.
If you are interested, please do not delay in applying as applications are under continuous review and my client is looking to schedule interviews on a rolling basis.