Simpson Judge are working on behalf of an established client who are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant. Our client has seen exponential growth over the last 12 months and doubled their turnover. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the production of monthly financial statements from beginning to end for all companies within the Group.
- Preparation of consolidated management accounts including variance analysis and commentary.
- Creation and ongoing production of the management information pack to the Board.
- Ensure the integrity of P&L and balance sheet, including required balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complete the Monthly Returns to HMRC (VAT, National Stats, Intrastat, EC Sales).
- Fixed Asset Accounting (additions, disposals, profit and loss on disposal reconciliations).
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assist in the annual audit and statutory accounts preparation.
- Continually seek to drive process and reporting/analysis improvements.
- Process intercompany transactions.
- Support ad-hoc projects as required.
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system and upgrades.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Strong IT/Excel skills.
- Proficient use of Sage 200.
- Experience of implementing a new accounting system would be desirable.
- Experience of working within the construction industry.