FW Hipkin Ltd is an East London based plumbing and heating goods wholesale distributor. Established for over 130 years, we distribute to London and the South-East from the main depot in Chadwell Heath. As the business continues to grow, we have a great opportunity for a forward thinking and experienced accountant to assist the Head of Finance and join our small accounts team.
About the Role
We are recruiting for an accountant who can take responsibility for the purchase ledger from start to finish, the posting and reconciling of the bank/cash transactions and the monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts. The candidate will also be providing financial information for the management accounts, the annual audit and maintaining a schedule of imports.
The accounting system will be upgraded within the next 6 months and there is scope for the candidate to get involved.
This is a number two position in the accounts team and would suit a flexible individual who understands the demands of a growing SME and is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in!
You will be
- Qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience.
- Experienced in a variety of accounting systems and have complete knowledge of the purchase ledger, ideally of Kerridge.
- Able to demonstrate advanced excel skills (up to macro level) and good knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications.
- Numerate, accurate and have excellent attention to detail.
- Organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- A good communicator and team player.
- Flexible to the demands of a growing business but able to remain committed to deadlines and getting the job done.
- Able to add value by improving processes, providing insightful information and assisting the Head of Finance in making the accounts team fit for purpose.
- A competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience, in the range £25,000 - £35,000. Please state salary expectations when applying.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
- Full-time - 8 hours per day/40 hours per week with a one-hour lunch break, Monday to Friday.
- Overtime - it may be necessary to work longer hours on occasions, but it is not expected on a regular basis.
- 28 days annual leave (including all bank holidays) plus Christmas shutdown.
- Membership of employer contribution pension scheme.
- Onsite parking
All office workers are kept a working minimum distance of 2m apart. Hand sanitiser is offered throughout the offices and masks are provided if necessary.