- Are you an experienced Finance Operations Manager- payables and receivables?
- Do you have significant experience of reviewing, designing and implementing change?
- Are you able to critically evaluate end-to end processes, develop solutions that results in significant process improvements?
We are looking for an experienced interim Finance Operations Manager to join this unique and exciting but extremely complex organisation based in the heart of London.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Operations professional to take on a 9-month fixed term contract role during which you will evaluate their current ways of working and ensure the Finance Processing team is structured and resourced appropriately to deliver business needs, appointing and training staff as needed.
You will be an operations expert with a passion for great customer service and considerable experience of managing, developing and motivating operational teams.
Your daily duties will include:
- Responsible for managing and leading the Finance Processing Team
- Evaluating team roles and responsibilities to ensure the most optimal structure and ways of working to support effective delivery
- Responsible for ensuring processes and controls are implemented to optimise efficiency, minimise risk of error and to provide a high-quality service to the organisation
- Inspiring and implementing a continuous improvement approach with the processing team to ensure high quality, streamlined processes and controls
- Responsible for promoting a customer-focussed approach with high service standards, evaluating performance and promoting continuous improvement
- Develop service level agreements and targets for all key team responsibilities ensuring these are embedded in the team and understood by key stakeholders
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the work of the processing team, ensuring that all transactions are processed in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), helping to provide a consistent, efficient and customer focussed service
- Ensuring that expenditure is driven through the most appropriate procurement process depending on risk and value, and working with departments to ensure compliance with the Purchasing Protocols
- Collaborating with other members of the Finance team, including the Finance Business Partnering, systems team, Tax and Compliance, and Procurement, to ensure that services are delivered in a joined-up way
- Act as the lead contact for the processing team with internal and external auditors
The successful candidate will be a qualified or part-qualified accountant with significant relevant change and process improvements experience. You must have significant experience in managing operational processing teams in a complex, high volume environment.
You will be a change leader who is able to design and implement improved processes within an appropriate control framework, setting appropriate service delivery standards and developing tools to monitor performance and drive continuous improvement.
You must know what good looks like, and be able to introduce effective ways of working - excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative for this challenging role