Finance Manager - Student Accommodation - London (Hybrid) - Perm
£55-60k base salary plus bonus and benefits
Altum Consulting are pleased to be working exclusively with one of the UK's leading student accommodation businesses in their search for a finance manager.
This role will support the wider finance department by managing the business overhead base, improving financial controls and processes, and creating efficiencies through system development.
Responsible for managing the monthly operational and management accounts processes including variance analysis, cash flow, profit/loss statement and balance sheet, the Finance Manager will also ensure full bookkeeping and accounting records are maintained.
- Pro-actively partner with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to develop and improve forecasting and analysis of reporting
- Manage monthly and annual operational and management accounts processes including variance analysis, cash flow, profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Ensure full bookkeeping and accounting records are maintained including purchase ledger, sales ledger, general ledger and cash books
- Manage and maintain budget holder review process for the group and bid cost reviews in conjunction with the Group Accounting Manager
- Assist in the production of Board reports and other reports
- Ensure accurate reporting that is consistent, and system driven to provide adhoc analysis and workings
- Partner with the business and assist in the management and production budgeting process in line with management and shareholder requirements
- Produce statutory accounting packs and financial statements
- Review all financial statements and year end corporation tax disclosures
- Assist the Head of Finance Systems in creating efficiencies through the further development of existing finance systems and their integration into other business systems
- Review and submit quarterly VAT returns and annual corporation tax workings
- Full accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- 3+ years PQE, ideally within a similar role
- Experience in producing management and financial statutory accounts
- Experience gained within the property, housing, real estate, facilities management sector is desirable
- Experience in managing end to end control processes and working with finance systems
- Knowledge of and ability to research UKGAAP requirements as well as regulatory and taxation requirements