The Finance Business Partner is responsible for liaising with budget managers across the organisation to ensure we manage our financial resources effectively to achieve financial success and resilience.
Working closely with Faculty and Professional Services representatives to understand and interpret strategies in order that short, medium- and long-term financial plans and structures are in place to support the organisations strategies.
My client is a well known and innovative University within the education and training sector.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner are:
- Partnering with Faculty and Professional service leaders to understand the operational and strategic priorities of their portfolio, managing financial risks and understanding the constraints, in order to identify effective and sustainable financial solutions.
- Establish sustainable and influential working relationships with key Stakeholders including Finance Management Team, Senior Management Team, and others as appropriate.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to prepare annual and multi-year budgets which accurately reflect the costs of their portfolio of activities and enable ownership of budgets by budget holders to be fully accountable for them.
- Supporting them to prepare Business Plans for new activities or changes to service ensuring that the full life-cycle of the activity can be evaluated and implemented.
- Produce regular financial management information, monitoring performance against plans, updating forecasts, and dealing with all issues that may arise.
- Report monthly on Faculty or Department financial status, with explanations for variances as required for inclusion in University Management Accounts reports to Senior Managers and Stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain business partnering networks across the University to progress and improve standards of financial management and information for decision making.
- This list is not exhaustive, please apply for more information and full job description.
The successful candidate for the Finance Business Partner will be:
- CCAB qualified or equivalent
- Evidence of and a commitment to continuous professional development
- Good knowledge of excel and other MS office products to analyse data and produce reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of building effective relationships with budget managers across an organisation
- Experience of working with large data sets to produce financial reports using excel
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, theory and practice of accounting and the systems used to deliver good financial management.
- Proven high level communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving capability within a specialism or across a broad management function.
- Highly developed planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Ability to deliver on substantial/multi-faceted projects.
- Effective change management skills.
- Ability to generate and implement innovative ideas and approaches.
My client is offering a salary range of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.