Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu is the app that makes learning a language easier for everyone and proves that learning a language doesn't have to be done in a classroom.We are the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users in 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
If you are passionate about languages, want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you are probably the perfect addition for our growing team.
What does a Finance Assistant do at Busuu?
Reporting to the Finance Director, and working closely with the Junior Accountant and Financial Reporting Manager, you will be instrumental in running the end-to-end process for all payables, providing daily operational support within the finance department, and ensuring our processes and controls are water tight.
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious Finance Assistant experienced in administrative support to join a fast growing Ed tech company and play a key role within our Finance team:
- Managing our accounts inbox and incoming queries for the Finance team
- Weekly bank reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies
- Assisting with raising invoices and credit control with the B2B and customer care teams
- Liaising with suppliers and processing purchases invoices across multiple entities
- Overseeing our spend management platforms and approval flows
- Obtaining receipts and reconciling payments across various credit card platforms
- Assisting with VAT and other information returns
What we're looking for in a Finance Assistant:
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ years experience in an accounting team
- Working towards an accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA) - study support available.
- Good technical ability, accounting knowledge, and attention to detail
- Excellent operating knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS etc)
- Familiarity with Netsuite preferred
- Highly organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident communicator
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Training budget to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such a team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
- After 3 years with us you get 4 weeks Paid Sabbatical
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for the Finance Assistant position role are the following 5 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Task - You will be asked to complete a task
- A video call - Video call with the hiring manager
- Final interview - A chance to meet the wider team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice - and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.