Aviva are currently looking for experienced Field Claims Consultants to join the business on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service by handling Residential claims (both Household and Commercial) from instruction to completion within agreed financial authority limits.
As a Property Claims Consultant most of the work can be done from home. However, there would be no set location with this role, so it will involve reasonable travel across the UK and flexible working that may also include evenings and weekends. Expenses would be paid for as well being provided with a Company car.Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience required:
- Investigate, validate, manage and settle Residential Property claims in line with policy cover, philosophies and standards
- Refer cases outside of agreed financial/competency matrix
- Undertake Field (physical) and Desk (virtual) assessments to maximise efficiencies and outcomes
- Provide estimation of insurance related Repair utilising claims scoping software
- Update customers regularly to ensure optimum customer service and claim experience
- Identify/capture Fraud and Recoveries
- Manage work in progress, updating claims management and estimating systems to maintain a real-time view for our customers and the business
- Manage work in progress and demonstrate effective cost management on all claims
- Pursue task-based method to maximise proactivity and productivity
- Develop working knowledge of geographical area and local market
- Working out of area to support major incidents as required
- Identify and share market, legal and technical trends/developments
- Knowledge of the insurance industry related to Residential (Home and Commercial) property
- Technical buildings knowledge; current best practice methodology and buildings pathology
- Claims scoping and management software experience (Symbility, Exactaware etc)
- Systems thinking approach to acting on waste in the system and promoting value
- Awareness of Flood/EOW/Fire damage management best practice and principles
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and other relevant legislation
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of economic environment
- IT literate with ability to learn new technology
- Committed to growing own knowledge through technical, theoretical and practical means
What will you get for this role?
- CERT CILA/ DIP CILA
- CERT CII/DIP CII
- BDMA Ins
- HNC/HND or similar Surveying Qualification
- Accreditation to CIOB, RICS
Working at Aviva
- Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- Company Car
- Expenses paid when travelling
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Dylan Wood a call on or send an email to .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.