As a?Benefits and Debt Advisor you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive community-based debt advice service to people on probation or leaving custody.
If successful, the main duties of your role will:
- Deliver the suite of workshops to individuals and/or groups of Service Users
- Prepare and agree individual action plans
Carry out complex benefit calculations and income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits, identifying and advising on entitlement.
Develop and maintain local contacts with agencies and charities associated with debt and benefit issues. These will include, local authorities, and service charities.
Your contractual job title will be Finance Benefit and Debt Advisor.
- Effective Case management
- Conscious planning and thoughtful decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and legislation in relation to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Understanding employer engagement practices and knowledge of the local labour market.
- Knowledge of national and local initiatives in relation to learning skills and employment.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment and developing partnerships
- Confident and ICT literate
- Knowledge of Finance Benefit and Debt
As an Ingeus employee, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Travel Expenses
- Online discount shopping
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance, discounted gym membership, wellbeing services and more.
Part of international human services provider, APM Group, Ingeus is all about people and our mission is to enable better lives. We specialise in creating and delivering employment, health, justice, and youth services. Every day our teams across the UK help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We are purpose-led, passionate and proud to work with our colleagues, customers and communities to drive social change.
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment. We are a Disability Confident Leader, a Mindful Employer, a Stonewall Champion, and we re committed to the Armed Forces Covenant.
Please note that this role may be closed early if we receive a high volume of applications.
Please email us at if you have any queries relating to your application