EYFS Special Needs Support Assistant
Pay Up £75 - £78 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience of supporting children with Autism.
Immediately - July 2022
Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Needs support Assistants to join a cohesive and hardworking team at this 'Good' school located in the heart of Waltham Forest. Candidates must be well-versed in supporting children on the Autistic spectrum and be skilled at identifying signs/cues for Autism-related behaviour. Children requiring support are based within the EYFS. Parents here are very supportive of their child's progress and are happy to be involved in their child's school journey.
A small 1 form-entry state school, easily accessible from stations within the E10/E17 postcode, with St James Street being the closest. The school prides itself on remaining both personal and welcoming with an 'open door' policy, with many staff having spent the largest part of their teaching careers there. With strong links to its local community, and desire to be forever inclusive, candidates working here will naturally be upskilled and developed professionally
To be considered for the Special Needs Support Assistant position, you will:
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have a background of supporting Primary aged children with Autism
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers , please contact Daniel Dunn-Stuart team on .
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.