UK - London - BrentfordPosted Date:
Dec Europe EHS Manager
As the Consumer Healthcare Europe EHS Manager, you will support the Europe EHS Lead in effective implementation of EHS management systems to positively impact the business performance, of which the safety of our staff is an utmost priority. Within Europe Business Unit, including commercial, R&D and supply chain, there is a wide range of manufacturing sites of varying size & complexity, all with specific EHS risks, operating under different regulatory structures with varying levels of EHS maturity. This role will help evaluate EHS risks, and heavily supports development and execution of appropriate remedial & corrective actions. The individual will be a key contributor to the successful execution of EHS integration/ improvement program and will provide the opportunity to lead key activities to progress through their career. They will also assist with intervention during and following adverse findings in Independent Assurance Audits, Enterprise Oversight Inspections/Audits &/or Major Adverse Events.
This role is predominantly site facing and the role holder will be heavily reliant on a network of contacts to be effective. Specific duties include to work closely with EU BU site EHS leads, EHS teams and site Engineering teams to:
- Improve EHS performance through effective EHS management system implementation.
- Drive strategic and technical risk reduction based on adherence to GSK standards and regulatory requirements. Provide input and guidance to site level EHS initiatives
- Ensure effective loss prevention and business continuity plans are in place.
- Prepare for EHS audits conducted by corporate functions, regulatory enforcement authorities or EHS management system accreditation/certification bodies. Develop and implement effective CAPA's and share these learnings within the business unit and function
- Support EHS team development by guiding and coaching site EHS resources as well as co-ordinating and facilitating EHS training sessions
- Co-ordinating and participating in or leading site level EHS inspections & audits, EHS GEMBAs, incident investigations, environmental assessments, emergency response drills, etc.
- Provide technical, engineering & legal input to any adverse audit/and or inspection findings.
- Work closely with sites to execute improvement plans, coordinate resources, share good practices, and explore innovations.
At the Business Unit level the role will need to build a network across adjacent functions including Quality, Engineering, & Operations to:
- Participate and provide early EHS input to new capital projects & new product introductions.
- Share lessons & good practices across the sites within the business unit, and as needed, coordinate and facilitate EHS team discussions within the BUs.
- Execute Living Safety plans to build business unit safety culture
EHS is an enterprise function hosted by Supply Chain. The Europe business unit includes commercial, R&D and end to end supply chain for Consumer Healthcare. The role shall have the following responsibilities at a Global level to:
- Identify Health, Safety and Wellbeing development needs in leaders in the business and work with the central resources to build capability
- Gather, analyse and report BU EHS performance.
- Serve as a business unit EHS champion and drive development and deployment of proactive programs and interventions across the region focused on key risk mitigation measures.
- Assist business unit EHS Lead to ensure that EHS objectives are in place and aligned to CH's EHS plan and priorities & drive CH EHS programs within Quality and Supply Chain organization.
- Liaise closely with central EHS & Eng subject matter experts and EHS regional contacts across GSK supply chain network.
Competence / Skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to influence and explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups
- Negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Patience and diplomacy because to ensure collaborative approach
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
- An investigative mind, strong problem solving discipline
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work effectively in matrix organisations
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations
- Ambition to grow and develop to be a future senior leader
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience, Science / EHS / Engineer
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Certified EHS specialist, professionalism in areas of environmental science/engineering, EHS management.
- ISO/ OHSAS Lead Auditor Certification.
- 6 Sigma Green Belt.
- Familiarity with FMCG manufacturing environment
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on , or send an email
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.