Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? At Southern Co-op we work hard because we want to do well and the more successful we are the more we can give back to our members and communities - that s the beauty of a co-operative.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estates Surveyor to join our property team. You ll work with the Estate Manager and the wider property team to provide a broad range of professional duties as required by the retail operation, and to maximise the return on the property portfolio.
The estate comprises a portfolio primarily consisting of over 350 convenience stores, funeral directors, and coffee shops, along with approximately 100 commercial sub let and investment units, and 100 residential properties.
- Manage the Society's property estate to maximise return, and satisfy operational requirements
- Assisting in marketing and letting or sales of non-trading properties including instructing/managing both agents and solicitors, negotiating disposal terms and legal negotiations
- Managing rent reviews either directly or through surveyors
- Negotiation of lease renewals & surrenders with both head landlords and sub-tenants
- Negotiation of dilapidation claims and repair schedules
- Gaining all necessary consents and licences including, licences for alterations, licences to underlet and deeds of variation as required by the retailers
- Obtaining planning permission for conversions, change of use, etc.
- Agreeing building works and managing contractors
- Assisting acquisition of new property and investment interests
- Dealing with a wide range of Landlord & Tenant and property management matters including land ownership, demise, title issues and boundary queries and disputes
- Dealing with service charge matters
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Preferably MRICS qualified with ideally 2 or more years P.Q.E
- Experience of property management/landlord and tenant issues
- Ability to manage a mixed portfolio of retail, properties, as landlord or tenant, and a residential portfolio
- Sound communication skills to deal both with retail colleagues and external consultants, etc.
- Car driver, prepared for an amount of travel across the south of England
If you re passionate about property, and have a background in a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.