Opportunity to join a leading, global university in London as their new ER manager
Permanent role with starting salary of £45,610
One of London's leading global universities, recognised as one of the highest ranking universities in the world (QS World University Rankings)
- Work with the Director of ER to develop and deliver their ER strategy.
- Manage a number of cases at any one time (capability, disciplinaries, grievances, tribunals, terminations, end of probation) and coordinate the case management process, looking for possibilities to resolve the matter informally, where appropriate.
- Ensure that resolutions are timely, fair and consistent with policies, achieving a satisfactory outcome for the university whilst taking into account commercial factors such as risk of compensation and reputational damage.
- Work with the Heads of HR and HR Business Partners on local ER matters and engagement strategies, identifying any ER trends and recommend proactive interventions to minimise risk.
- Lead case work with the university's legal team on employment tribunals and high risk cases and claims.
- Work with the Employment Policy Team to ensure HR policies, processes and guidance notes are fair, transparent and easy to understand and implement.
- Train and coach Line Managers on ER and engagement matters in conjunction with the HR Business Partnering team.
- Develop and deliver ER specific training.
- Contribute and be a part of a high performing team to continuously improve our ways of working, while delivering outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will have significant demonstrable experience in an ER Manager (or similar) role, gained in a very large and complex organisation. Experience of interacting with unions within this environment is also essential.
With proven ability to influence at a senior level, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to work collaboratively with both the central and local HR teams, helping all individuals to feel they are part of one team. Your tenacity and resilience in the face of challenge and disagreement will be underpinned by your sound judgement and confidence to make significant decisions.
Opportunity to join this leading, global university in London - and a well-established and experienced ER team
Starting salary of £45,610 (with increments)
Central London based with hybrid working (2 office days per week)
Off during closure periods, such as Christmas and easter (on top of allocated annual leave)
A forward-thinking, work-life balance culture and approach