The ideal candidate:
You love the unpredictable pace and complexity of each case. You look forward to your shift knowing you will have several cases to manage - maybe too many, this does not phase you. During your shift, you have empathy for your team who may be overwhelmed in the moment. You seek out the overwhelmed and check in on them to lift their spirits because you know the pace will vary over time, it won't always be like this. You understand the patient is not just a pet, the patient is a loved member of someone's family. You see value in every single role in the hospital because you know it takes everyone to make it work. You care.
In this role you will evaluate a number of cases to provide emergency medical care while overseeing support staff and ensuring each patient is receiving the best care possible.
A few key attributes and responsibilities include:
- Broad emergency and critical care experience to manage a variety of patient cases
- Exceptional diagnostic, surgical, clinical and medical case file management skill
- Multi-task: you have well developed critical thinking skills with the ability to move from one case to another
- You ensure hospital and procedural standards are maintained
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- A demonstrated passion for coaching, mentoring, and supporting staff and colleagues everyday
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Join our team and make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
Compensation is important which is why we have tailored programs just for you
- Generous Compensation and Sign-on Bonuses
- Comprehensive Educational Resources in our e-University
- Continuing education benefits
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Membership, dues, and conference fees
- Referral Bonus Rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources that foster a Wellness and Appreciation culture.
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work life balance
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
BC - Vancouver, GVA, Vancouver Island
AB - Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge
SK - Saskatoon
ON - London, Toronto, GTA, Newmarket, Ottawa
Email or apply on line careers.vcacanada.com