We're driven by our social purpose, our residents are at the heart of everything we do - more homes, better places, excellent services. Providing an efficient 'right first time' repairs and maintenance services to our properties is our focus.
What we do makes a real difference to people's lives, and you'll share the satisfaction of doing something that really matters. We're currently on the lookout for an Electrician to join our property services team covering the Southampton area.
This role involves time on the road, so we will provide you with a van and fuel card together with:
- £335 yearly Tool Allowance
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Uniform & PPE
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- iPhone and iPad
- Company pension scheme, matched up to 12%
- Life cover 4 x annual salary
- SmartTech - Buy an electrical item and pay it off through your salary over 12 months.
As an Electrician with Sovereign Housing, we'll ask you to:
- Carry out routine testing of electrical services equipment and repairs in our residents' homes as part of our Electrical Team
- Undergo responsive repairs and works within our planned teams in line with work schedules, Institute of Electrical Engineering (IEE) wiring regulations and to Sovereign's established standard procedures.
- Estimate, requisition and recommend the acquisition of necessary materials and spares to ensure that appropriate satisfactory repairs and maintenance are carried out in accordance with IEE wiring regulations and Health and Safety at Work regulations.
- Apply your knowledge and skills to record and report on status and condition of electrical services equipment via periodic inspection sheets and minor works/installation certificates.
Our Electricians must have relevant and up to date qualifications including:
Experience within a similar role, within a Residential/Housing sector is ideal and you should be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), 18th Edition (BS7671) and City & Guild 2391 Electrical Test/Inspect.
What else do you need to know?
- This is a full-time role, working 40 Hours per week, with the opportunity to supplement your salary through call out and overtime at competitive rates to enhance your earnings!
- Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence with a minimum of 2 years' experience.
- This role is subject to a satisfactory licence check, essential qualifications check and a basic disclosure
- Our customers are at the heart of Sovereign Housing, as an Electrician you will be liaising with both internal and external customers
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a MS Teams online interview with the hiring manager and a colleague.