Dawson Levy Resourcing are pleased to be recruiting for an Electrical Service Technician to join a key client of ours working within the Water/Wastewater Industry on a permanent basis.
The Service Technician will hold a technical role within the company, and should set examples of excellent conduct and professionalism. The position is primarily a service and support role of the Company's product range which is installed on waste water treatment plants through the UK. Installation and commissioning works will also be a requirement for the Company's product range as well as telemetry systems, instrumentation and control panels.
This role will require the ability to effectively liaise with internal staff (both senior and junior) and external clients / contractors in a polite, professional and courteous manner, providing electrical / controls technical support requirements for multiple projects company wide. This role is mainly site based and involves covering Yorkshire and Severn Trent Water areas.
Typical (non-exhaustive) duties may include: -
- Carry out installation, service and repair to a variety of low voltage electrical control systems.
- Carry out installation and commissioning of a variety of instrumentation & control systems, controllers including flow, solids, pH, pressure, levels & actuated knife gate valves.
- Carry out installation and commissioning of a variety of instrumentation & control systems sensors.
- Be capable of carrying out mechanical assembly/modification of pipework assemblies where minor blockages have occurred, modifications are required or replacement of leaking pipe sections.
- Conduct planned preventative maintenance and calibration of instruments on product range.
- Be capable of carrying out test and inspection of electrical installation and providing satisfactory documentation as required by the Company's nominated certificating body (NICEIC, ECA etc.)
- For individual projects, they will report to the assigned Project Manager, however, dependent on experience they could be expected to accept ownership of certain lower valued contracts.
- From time to time they may be asked to take charge of a working party and be responsible for lesser skilled employees, therefore they should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues and leadership skills.
- Provide written technical reports and other documentation as required by senior engineering professionals.
- All technicians should be PC literate and be able to demonstrate IT skills to be able to carry out
- the following:
- Sufficient PC skills to be able to load software, make operating system modifications etc.
- Change PC module peripherals as required (on Logger and desktop PC)
- Can be suitably trained by our client to undertake calibration / verification of solids metering and
The Technician will need to hold the following:
- Electrical qualifications
- 18th Edition Wiring regulations
- CSCS card
- Full driving license
- Ability to organise and manage time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good PC literacy
- Ability to work well with other teams within the company
- Water industry experience preferred but not essential.