Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values -ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants -integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver. Role Overview
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Performs overall systems design and engineering tasks, within a discipline, having some degree of complexity.
- Performs assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for an engineering discipline within a global business unit.
- Performs work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features.
- Participates in one or more of the following: a) Equipment design and development b) System design, including concept sketches and layouts c) Testing of materials d) Preparation of specifications and design calculations e) Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers f) Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports g) Preparation or review of material quantity estimates h) Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools.
- Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence. Monitors project controls within discipline. Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity, and prepares comments and recommendations. Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
- Assists in the on-the-job training of people assigned. Understands roles played by other disciplines on the project. Contacts counterpart in other disciplines, supplier/client representatives and project field personnel when directed, to either gather or give information.
A recognized degree in a job related engineering or a related scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, or a professional Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license from a recognized licensing board, or a sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements.
Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms. For positions primarily of a specialized nature, an equivalent graduate level education may be substituted for experience.
Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
Knowledge of project controls within discipline. Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
Basic skill in oral and written communication. Preferred Experience
Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
- Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
- Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
- Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
- Hydrogen value chain including electrolysis, reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fueling stations
- Offshore and onshore pipelines
- Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
- Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
Previous experience on FEEDs or Project Proposals is preferred.
Electrical System Calculation experience is strongly preferred.
ETAP calcuation experience is preferred.
Ability to develop innovative ideas to reduce project total installed costs (TIC).
Candidate should demonstrate progress toward UK Charted Engineer Registration or equivalent. What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
• Flexible Working
• Private Medical Coverage
• Life Insurance Program
• Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability Scheme Our Commitment
Bechtel's Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.