Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Within the Enterprise Digital & Data Solutions department, we place enormous emphasis on users and usability. With our mix of assets like payments, rewards, benefits, and members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a modern, digital, and connected world. We are looking for a Product Director to lead our Post Approval team and deliver an exciting vision. You will define the vision, lead the roadmap, optimization, and expansion of our post-application approval experience, building out a valuable journey to provide Card Members with instant access to their accounts, benefits, and spend capabilities, this includes the unique capability to receive their Digital Cards so they can instantly start spending online and through digital wallets.
You will have the opportunity to define the vision of the product and make a direct contribution to the success of our company, and lead a team of two Product Managers and an Associate Product Owner, working among high performing engineering, design, analytics, and product teams. You will have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. Additionally, you will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for both front-end and back-end capabilities that enable key post approval acquisition journeys, including their optimization and growth through extensive experimentation. You will:
- Define the Post Approval product vision, strategy, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Lead a team of three Product Managers & Product Owners, inspiring and motivating to performance excellence
- Innovate through collaboration, research, and analysis to continuously define a pipeline of new features that enhance the experience and improve key priorities & desired outcomes to support Enterprise goals
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to drive informed decisions, experimentation, and product strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer experience, researching and analysing user experience data and analytics to identify and quantify opportunity areas
- Continuously engage with partners to maintain product transparency, build trust, and address challenges
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience working within a digital product software development team
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, coach, inspire, and challenge a high performing team to achieve that vision
- Experience in building and managing global digital products built for scale and reusability
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience of agile processes and principles
- Strong background in product strategy
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills at senior levels of an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience working with senior leaders
- Ability to build positive relationships, influence decisions and make things happen
- Comfortable with constructive conflict
- Highly organized, self-starter, comfortable working in white space
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment with a fast pace and changing needs
- Attention to detail and a keen understanding of data and analytics
- University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, related fields, or equivalent experience
- Master's degree or MBA is a plus
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on