Our client are a software scale-up company with offices across Europe and in London who are building their Data Science team from the ground up. They are looking to add 3-4 Data Scientists initially with a Director to head up the team. They are an AWS stack and are looking for people with strong management skills as well as someone who has managed budgets.
This role is fully remote however you can work in the office if preferred, the team you will be managing will be based across Europe and the UK.
- You'll work both within our Technology Office team and across the company to leverage our data at scale.
- You'll be a company-wide expert on artificial intelligence, NLP, machine learning, and getting the most out of our data to improve our product, customer experience and internal usage of data.
- You'll be partnering directly with data engineering to create best in class tooling to quickly train, deploy, tune, and measure our models.
- You'll inspire software engineers to engage, learn, and focus on big data technologies. You'll empower our data scientists and data engineers to dream bigger about what's possible.
- You'll help communicate to our customers, our company and within industry how they are using AI to shape our future and the future of the revenue teams of our customers. Innovations that you help create and deliver will be running on their global cloud footprint, powering billions of insights.
- You'll enjoy your time coaching your team-mates, recruiting new team members, and ensuring that we are maximizing how we think about data science.
In the role you will ...
- Lead the data science team in exploring and exploiting data to maximize value to our customers, product and company
- Act as the Product lead to define the roadmap of our data initiatives
- Promote and use advanced modelling techniques (eg. reinforcement learning, time series forecasting, causal methods) to to help them find answers to its most crucial business questions
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow data scientists by disseminating best practices, publishing reusable tools/code and giving constructive feedback.
- Present and visualise results in a clear and concise way to senior management for decision making.
- Lead data- driven decision making by partnering with key cross- functional teams, departments and leadership.
- Proactively identify and lead improvements to the execution of research and analytics within the Data Science team.
- Commit to continuous learning and innovation
You will have...
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field - mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, etc..
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics or Data Science both as an individual contributor and managing teams
- Experience as a product manager in this field is a plus
- Consistent record of leading and influencing projects using data and working with large scale data and infrastructure
- Be a subject matter expert and analysis lead for software products.
- Can research, identify and disseminate best practices across teams in terms of tools, systems and processes.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cross- functional audiences (e.g Product, Engineering andRevenueEnablement).
- You are methodological and practical; able to prioritize and assist with business requests i.e. analyzing A/B tests, strange player behaviour, complex interaction dynamics, etc.
- Experience with a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to solve and optimize critical business problems and metrics
- Prior experience in a SAAS product development company.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, rapidly changing and collaborative environment.
- Able to show good communication skills, and experience in visualising and reporting learnings.
Bonus points for...
- Familiar with AWSanalytics and machine learning stack, or comparable stacks from GCP or Azure
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Medical Insurance
- Pension plan
- Equity warrants
- Life Insurance
- Macbook & Iphone
- 26 days holiday with 1 added for every year of service
- Option to buy an extra 6 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme