Nested is redefining estate agency in the UK. For too long, sellers have been subjected to unresponsive agents and broken processes. With a combination of groundbreaking technology and expert local agents, Nested is fixing the whole moving experience one problem at a time .
Today, estate agents get away with doing half a job, getting a seller under offer before leaving them to navigate the rest of the process by themselves. Nested is built for movers, the first estate agent to support both the selling and buying process with everything in between. We can even make sellers chain-free, with our cash advance securing their ideal home before they sell.
We are a wildly ambitious team, backed by Europe's leading VCs and led by an experienced, hands-on founding team. We're all contributing remotely to build a new era for home movers, with plans to optionally work from home 3 days of the week in the future when we can spend some time in our Farringdon office again. And when work is over, there's plenty of socialising, from film nights to sports days.
If redefining an entire industry is a challenge that motivates you, come and join the team at Nested .
- Have business impact - by working closely with a product manager, designer and feature lead to figure out what our next great product feature will be. By owning the delivery for your team, and supporting your feature leads in each project. By contributing to new features as part of a cross-functional team, pairing with other engineers where it makes sense.
- Have technical impact - by contributing to the support and improvement of our services we need to maintain and engaging with cross-team architectural decisions.
- Help your team grow - by coaching, mentoring, teaching sponsoring and generally pushing forward the careers of your engineering team. By using metrics and processes as tools to streamline development and generally grease the wheels.
- Contribute to our culture and team's wellbeing - for example by organising a social or two.
- Contribute to our brand and reputation within the industry - for example by blogging, running a work experience day for local school children or mentoring an intern for a few months.
- You're hands-on and like to get things done, that merge button is so satisfying. About 70% of this role is hands-on.
- You're motivated by a great product, solving problems for people through technology.
- You're empathetic and good with people, you love leading people and developing their careers.
- You're always looking for ways to improve your team, processes and metrics excite you.
- You're keen to learn.
You will learn to:
- Use our tech stack , Elixir, GraphQL and React. We like to optimise for simplicity, and write code for the next engineer.
- Help improve our diversity by contributing to workshops we run. We teach elixir to various groups.
- Work at and run a startup. With regular all-hands, fireside chats from other founders and investors and like-minded people around you, you'll have all the information on startups that you can soak up. We've already helped a few folks chase their own dreams!
- We're able to sponsor work visas
- Great salary, with regular performance reviews
- Generous options grant with further options awarded at reviews depending on performance
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Private health insurance with gym discounts & more
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Work From Home 3 days a week, and flexible working hours
- £1,000 personal development budget per year
- Generous maternity and paternity packages
- Monthly team social events
- Kitchen stocked with breakfast, coffee and snacks & catered Friday lunches including dietary options.
- Plus, if you're ever buying or selling a home, we're pretty good at that as well and employees get it at a discount
- Stage 1: A chat with Morgan - our Director of engineering.
- Stage 2: A live coding session with one of the engineers in the team you'd work in. Partly in a language of your choice, partly in Elixir (we'll send you some learning materials ahead of time so you only have to learn a subset of the language). All on your machine in your most comfortable coding environment. We want to see how you learn and how you perform when comfortable.
- Stage 3: Two culture & values fit interviews with Matthew our Head of Product and one other.