Data Ontologist - Investment Bank
My client is looking for an experienced contract Data Ontologist to join the team. The Data Ontologist will work in team to build out data lineage offering and operationalise lineage sparql queries and lead a team of data analysts. Graph and Semantic Engineering are emerging enterprise data technologies that leverage ontologies and related advanced analytics, including artificial intelligence, to build and represent knowledge in expressive and novel ways. There is a shift in how highly variable structured and unstructured information is linked, to building knowledge that can be meaningfully understood by people and machines.
- Ability to measure and challenge completeness and quality of data
- Understanding of data management concepts such as Authorised Sourcing, Data Quality management, Data Lineage, Data Cataloguing.
- Sound understanding of Knowledge Representation and Semantic Technologies (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD) including semantic modelling and data integration, data unification, knowledge graph design, ontology and taxonomy
- Awareness of the breadth of use cases for these technologies, prudent user interface design which exploit the power of graph and mitigates the challenges of visualizing graph data
- Experience with Graph/Triple Stores and related technologies, eg PoolParty, Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Grakn, MarkLogic, Metaphactory, Neo4j
- Understanding of data/information architecture and modelling languages such as UML, ER, IDEF, Data Flow Diagram
- Excellent Communication skills - be an effective, passionate, trusted advocate and communicator for Graph and Semantic Technologies
- Ability to utilize NLP (Natural Learning Processing), machine learning and semantic text mining to translate data into machine understandable representations to support advanced analytics, classification, inference processing and knowledge extraction
- Ability to visualize outputs using Powerpoint, Excel, Qlikview/Sense
- Financial Services/Investment Banking
- Delivery and delivery management of analytics that demonstrate completeness of process, system and data flows using metadata captured and maintained in an RDF graph database.
- Primary responsibility in this role is to help clients succeed by understanding, exploiting, designing, and implementing solutions involving graph and semantic technologies - including advanced data management and analytics, and other innovative new ways
- Other responsibilities include growing the Data Practice domain in scale and capability - applying an entrepreneurial mindset to build upon established capabilities and relationships - maintaining thought leadership in how graph is applied today, and where future strategies could lead
- In the fast-changing landscape of potential partners in graph technology, an ongoing curiosity and developing connections with key partners, will enable valuable support for clients
Please apply now for immediate consideration and further details.
Keywords: Data Ontologist, Knowledge Graph, Semantic, Knowledge Representation, Semantic Technologies, SPARQL, RDF, OWL, SWRL, NLP, Natural Learning Processing, Investment Bank, Investment Banking.
Scot Lewis Associates Ltd is acting as an employment business.