- Job Reference: 592959714-2
- Date Posted: 15 May 2022
- Recruiter: Monster
- Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Care in the community, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Management & Supervisors
- Job Type: Permanent
Does this position require Visa independent candidates only? No
Must Have Skills:
Working with the Business Units to identify the data requirements
Analyze and translate business needs into long term solution data models.
Evaluate existing data systems.
*Updated job description*
· A hands on, performing data assessment and profiling, building models whether they are unstructured in big data or dimensional and then implementing appropriate data structures into the consumption platform.
· Proficient in industry standard techniques for data modeling. The Data Modeler must be proficient in 3rd normal for relation modeling. Dimensional modeling experience is must for online analytical processing.
· Highly technical person responsible for the definition, development, implementation, and maintenance of logical and physical data models focusing on Data Warehouse/Data Lake environments.
· New business requirements are decomposed and implemented in a cohesive end to end design that enables data integrity and quality and best supports BI and analytic capability needs.
· Transform the logical representation of the model into physical representation and work with database administrator to instantiate and manage the data.
· The Data Modeler partners with ETL engineers, Database engineers, BI engineers, Quality Assurance, Product Owners, business analysts, architects, software engineers and others across teams to achieve project and business goals.
· Perform data warehouse/Data lake design, identifying the fit for purpose solutions
· Perform advanced level data modeling techniques.
· Perform advanced data analysis and data profiling and mentor others as needed
· Create and maintain data catalogue and metadata in order to support and communicate data assets to stakeholders
· Develop and maintain ETL specification documentation for data integration development
· Document and decompose project needs into Agile epics and stories working with the Product Owner
· Create, manage and/or provide oversight on team estimates for technical work
· Diagnose and resolve complex issues throughout data warehouse environment - security, data issues Drive continuous improvement of process, methods, technologies and services.
· Advance SQL skills
· Collaborate with software engineering and business teams to identify dependencies, data flows, assist with testing and overall cohesive of solutions in the environment
· Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse architectures and best practices
· Strong knowledge of master data, data quality and meta data management concepts and practices and the relation to data warehousing and business intelligence
· Demonstrated knowledge of BI capabilities and types of reporting