Customer Service Representative
Hours: Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Our Client is a supplier of temporary power generation equipment and of temperature control equipment. They work around the clock, making sure their customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it - all powered by their trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban developments to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, our client provides their expertise and equipment to any location.
About this job:
The Customer Service Representative will act as the principal point of contact for our customers throughout the rental process after the order is placed. Advocating for the customer at key touchpoints, this role collaborates with Sales and Operations to ensure a great customer experience.
Here's what you'll need to demonstrate:
Accountability & Ownership - Take ownership of customers problems and assumes responsibility for actions, decisions and communication; driving for a successful outcome.
Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements for customers; gets firsthand customer information, acts with the customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
Integrity & Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct and truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
Negotiating - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum of noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be forceful and direct as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly and has a good sense of timing
Patience & Listening - Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tried to understand people and the data before making judgements & acting; waits for others to catch-up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process; Practices attentive and active listening; had the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the facts and opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
Positive Attitude - Displays a positive attitude about the work to be done; addresses issues in an open, constructive, professional manner, and persuades others to approach issues in the same manner. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behaviour
Problem-solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Quality Focus - Has a high level of commitment to not only doing your job but doing it well; knowledgeable on products and services; detail orientated to provide customers with the most comprehensive and efficient solutions possible.
You will have the following experience:
* Relevant Customer Service experience in a business to business environment, preferably within a rental environment
* PC literacy in a Microsoft environment and ERP system
* Proven customer focus with a strong sense of urgency for creative solutions
* Acute attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, including, well developed written, oral, facilitation, and presentation skills
* Collaborative style with a decisive, results-oriented approach
* Ability to self-direct and self-manage
* Willingness to learn all aspects of the business
Your key responsibilities:
* Principal point of contact, responsible for managing the customer relationship throughout the life of the hire, proactively setting expectations and communicating changes / delays at key touchpoints including call case mgt, order acknowledgement, delivery, installation, provision of ongoing services throughout the hire, off-hire and collection and collation/ sending of invoices - referring to our Process mgt tools for guidance.
* You will provide the conduit between understanding and articulating the customer requirements and the delivery of goods and services through the Operational teams. You will use and need a good understanding of the clients various technologies as well as a thorough understanding of the day to day operations both internally and at customer sites.
* Make decisions in the best interests of the customer. Well defined levels of autonomy will provide the framework to work within, allowing for an excellent customer experience.
* Supports the sales function with regards to customer orders, post-order follow-up activities and in expediting the process.
* Where necessary, translates customer requirements across multiple systems, ensuring the operational teams are well versed in customer requirements.
* Takes ownership for all reactive customer queries, breakdown or complaints, liaising with the appropriate teams to ensure these are resolved promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
* Assumes responsibility for the communication and customer agreement of variations to the original order, including changing technical requirements, hire extensions and additional services. Has responsibility and ownership for all relevant customer queries.
* Create customer invoices within relevant systems and utilising the correct documentation to meet the KPIs. Notify customers throughout the hire when additional charges will be incurred before sending out invoice
* Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction and positively impacts the customer feedback KPIs
* Answers inbound telephone calls, emails, and other channels and deals with them promptly and efficiently against agreed touchpoint standards and KPIs
* Deliver an exceptional customer experience, through meeting & exceeding the defined customer experience standards and touchpoint outcomes
* Utilise Customer Centre capability within Salesforce to integrate telephony and route customers to the relevant Customer Service Representative
* Conduct Order Acknowledgement & Delivery Confirmation Calls bringing in Operations expertise when required (Transport/Cranes)
* Utilise standardised calls scripts when conducting customer touchpoints
* Use Case management capability within the Customer Relationship Management tool to manage inbound customer queries & incidents
* Create 'tasks' within Salesforce for upcoming customer touchpoints e.g. (Estimated End of Hire updates)