Full time, 6 month contract (with possibility of extending)
Working for a prestigious law firm you will provide assistance in reducing the level of lockup and debtors and ensuring compliance with the Firm's cash collection processes and policies in order to maximise revenue. Our client needs a candidate who can deliver a results focused collection service and provide routine and ad-hoc credit control solutions.
- Responsible for reducing and maintaining unpaid debt levels by promptly following up on all agreed chasing actions (via telephone, e-mail and letter) in line with firm policy
- Utilise credit control system and workflows to ensure all actions are executed in a timely manner, recorded precisely and filed accurately according to firm policy.
- Identify and develop key client contacts as necessary to secure recovery
- Follow up all unpaid bills as appropriate by telephone / e-mail / letter.
- Issue and send copy invoices, prepare statements and reconciliations as required
- Processing credit card payments over the phone when required.
- Attend regular meetings with Revenue Controllers to review accounts receivable listings and agree actions required to clear outstanding balances
- Follow up / flag any client queries / disputes with Revenue Controllers to ensure prompt resolution.
- Analyse unpaid bills and make recommendations for bad debt provisions.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Revenue Control Manager
- GCSEs or equivalent to include English and Maths as a minimum.
- Previous experience of working in a law firm
- Previous credit control experience essential
- Previous experience of using collections / credit control systems
- ·Experience of working with Elite 3E would be advantageous
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Excel
- Well organised with methodical approach and ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills (able to liaise with partners on a range of billing and credit control matters)
- Reliable and adaptable team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Professional and confident on the telephone
- Self-motivated and proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly numerate
- Good commercial awareness