My Client is tasked with coordinating the debts of existing creditors and managing new requests for credit. Due to expansion an additional Credit Controller is required to join the existing team.
Reporting into the Credit Control Supervisor, the Credit Controller's primary role focus is to manage the ledger of debtors, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, resolving account queries, and managing debt recovery. A secondary focus is to evaluate new credit requests, reviewing credit ratings and setting their terms. There is also a requirement to fulfil other ad hoc day-to-day duties to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial operations, whilst complying with company policies and
procedures to ensure that a high level of customer service is always upheld.
Your Duties will be:
- To contact customers daily regarding the collection of outstanding debts. Recording of all action
taken on account and any follow up calls.
- To deal with and resolving queries from customers with appropriate departments.
- To produce monthly statements to be sent to customers.
- Customer setups
- Allocation of cash.
- Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing credit ratings with financial statements
- Setting credit terms
- Ledger reconciliations
- Direct Debit collection.
- Liaising with administrators
- Debt recovery - small claims court
- Maintaining financial information.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Experience of Credit Control: 1 year+ (preferred)
- Able to communicate in a professional manner with internal/external staff and customers/suppliers.
- Proactive approach
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual to be able work to deadlines
- Can demonstrate that can work as part of a team and also require minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards & Salesforce is an advantage but not essential
- IT Literate Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Good interpersonal skills.
Other Relevant Information:
- Nearly 3,000 staff globally, 180 in the UK
- UK office based in Sutton (near the station)
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Standard working hours, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- 25 days holiday + great benefits