*This job is available in any of our office locations (Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, London, Windsor, Vancouver or Calgary).*
Green Shield Canada (GSC) is no longer just a traditional health and dental benefits provider. We're growing more different and that's a good thing!
With a starting point as Canada's fourth largest health benefits provider, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for nearly four million plan participants nation-wide. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we are driven by our Purpose: to make it easier for people to live their healthiest lives. And we're fully committed to the talented team of employees who delight our clients and set our organization apart as an industry leader.
We are also proud to have been selected by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures . This award confirms GSC's longstanding reputation as a company that respects and engages its employees - one that provides an excellent working environment and offers challenges and career growth.
HBM+ is a business unit within GSC and is more than a pharmacy benefits manager, it is a health benefits manager. With offices in Quebec and Ontario, HBM+ provides customized white-label solutions that support drug, dental and extended health benefits for group benefits carriers, third-party payors, and government organizations across Canada.
HBM+ is built on a foundation of proven technology, seamless branding, innovative claim management and administration capabilities, collaborative provider management, and solid industry expertise. They recognize that each client is unique and requires a business solution tailored to their needs.
WHY GSC IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
With all our cutting edge solutions, there's never a dull moment
Our approach to offering and managing health benefits is always forward-thinking, from the promotion of digital mental health therapies (such as Inkblot) to predictive modelling of claims data insights, and the use of AI in our industry-leading Claim Watch fraud detection and prevention strategy.
We invest in our employees
As we grow, so do our employees. We offer training and professional development to ensure employees excel and are well positioned for career advancement within GSC. We encourage our team to continue their education - and we help fund it.
You're part of something bigger
As a social enterprise, we re-invest our profits to support local communities and advocate to make it easier for Canadians to live their healthiest lives. Our employees - and customers - benefit from knowing they are contributing to enhancing the common good.
We don't stop there. Check out these other perks:
Generous time off (including vacation, holiday shut-down between Christmas and New Years, and having your birthday off)
Full and flexible benefits on day one (it is our business after all)
Convenient commute accessibility ( if we ever commute again!)
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
- Key business user supporting partner change requests and managing requirements for various system enhancements and initiatives. Including developing process documentation and conducting user acceptance testing
- Ensures deliverables are managed appropriately, developing implementation plans and seeing tasks through to completion
- Liaise with IT and other areas within the organization as a key representative of HBM+ on various projects and initiatives
- Support new client implementations through all aspects of the transition; including developing implementation plans and status meetings
- Support all areas of the business including claims, enrolment administration, web and mobile
- Develop and manage partner relationships, through various communication channels
- Key business contact, supporting the operational and business needs of our partner organizations
- Host meetings and lead workshops for review of support items, planning due to change requests/system changes, and/or issue resolution
- Develop and maintain department repository of support documentation and reference materials used for all areas within HBM+
- Analyze system issues raised and see through to resolution, ensuring a proactive approach when reviewing
- Work with complex data relationships and structures to perform analysis as well as design and create reports using reporting tool
- Participate in projects assigned by the Manager and/or Management within HBM+
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree or college diploma in business or related discipline required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Analytical mindset with experience reviewing complex data structures, business problems, and defining business process solutions and/or system requirements.
- Understanding of group Health & Dental administration.
- Excellent customer service focus with drive to deliver exceptional service.
- Demonstrated capability to meet objectives and milestones when working independently and within project teams.
- Proficiency in developing business process documentation, system documentation, and user reference materials.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills, and ability to work collaborative within various teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Access, Excel, Word, and other business applications and reporting tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize accountabilities in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Bilingualism (English & French)
- PMP designation considered an asset
Applications will be received from Wednesday, November 17 through Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
At GSC, we embrace diversity and inclusion in our workforce and workplace. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable environment for people to be themselves. We encourage applications from all candidates and will accommodate needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please let us know of any accommodations through (see below) Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
GSC has a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. This is a condition of employment. Consideration will be given for any necessary accommodations under Human Rights and will be approved on a case by case basis through Human Resources.