Do you enjoy making a difference in people's lives?
We are looking for community support workers to join our team and provide support for people on probation and leaving custody with complex needs. The objective of the role is to support the person on probation develop financial management skills, access and maintain appropriate benefits, reduce or stabilise debt and enabling Service Users to access relevant resources in the community.
- Empowering and supporting Service Users (SU) by accompanying them to appointments, helping them to complete applications and navigate pathways by providing advice and guidance
- Delivering group/1-2-1 workshops/interventions.
- Providing information, advice and signposting to SUs.
- Acting as Single Point of Contact for frequently used providers to assist them in dealing with their own benefit and finance needs.
- Developing effective relationships with all relevant agencies; being aware of referral routes and actively promote good partnerships and effective joint working.
- A knowledge and understanding of providing support, advice and advocacy to vulnerable clients and the ability to communicate this knowledge.
- Ability to assess risk and implement safety procedures when engaging with clients in the community.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by offenders in accessing support.
- Experience of working with people with complex needs
- Knowledge of the benefits system
As an Ingeus employee, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Online discount shopping
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance, discounted gym membership, wellbeing services and more.
Part of international human services provider, APM Group, Ingeus is all about people and our mission is to enable better lives. We specialise in creating and delivering employment, health, justice, and youth services. Every day our teams across the UK help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We re purpose-led, passionate and proud to work with our colleagues, customers and communities to drive social change.
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment. We are a Disability Confident Leader, a Mindful Employer, a Stonewall Champion, and we re committed to the Armed Forces Covenant.
Please note that this role may be closed early if we receive a high volume of applications.
Please email us at if you have any queries relating to your application.