Cloud Security Engineering Lead - remote working options available within the UK
We are currently recruiting for a Cloud Security Engineering Lead to join one of the UK's leading financial services companies (previous FS experience not required) on a permanent basis.
This is an opportunity to work with diverse, cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies, industry leading vendors and across different internal teams. As a Security Engineering Lead, you will be experienced working with consumers with wide-ranging levels of experience of cloud, sometimes helping to explain the right approach and sometimes applying pragmatism to help them reach their goals. You will be able to defend cloud controls, offer flexibility where possible, and all the time maintain good working relationships in a truly diverse working environment.
This role would suit a candidate with strong technical leadership through the design, build and implementation of complex security solutions and relishes working across multiple change initiatives, core platforms and immersing yourself in a team that will stretch and test them.
You will lead the technical engineering in the Cloud Security Operations team, which provides design, build and production support for the shared security services on public cloud platforms. You will provide strong technical leadership, contribute to platform wide strategic decisions and enable technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
As a minimum you'll:
- Have in depth understanding of securing cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Good understanding of securing containerisation technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of DevOps tooling (GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, etc.)
- Have a strong knowledge of access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management in a cloud environment.
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
- Have experience of technical leadership of security engineering teams.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial but not essential:
- Cloud Security qualification such as CCSP or CCSK.
- Working knowledge of CASB technologies.
- Practical, hands-on experience in security technologies
- Applying security in Agile environments
- Scheme and regulatory environments such as PCI DSS and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties/suppliers
- Hands-on experience with the design, deployment, configuration of cloud technologies.
In return you will receive access to the following benefits:
- A personal pension - if you put in 7% of your salary, we'll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Please apply online for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age