Role: Design Engineer
A unique opportunity has arisen to work with one of the UK's leading award winning Structural, Civil and Transport Engineers, specialising in the design and delivery of high-quality buildings and the space in between. Ultimately, there wish is that their work has a positive impact on the environment, which enables people to lead healthier and happier lives.
They are looking for a career driven Design Engineer with residential, commercial and project work experience, ideally chartered.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years' experience as Design Engineer
An exceptional Design Engineer to join our Manchester Studio with a wide range of experience across all sectors. Commercially aware you'll excel in your design and analytical skills and be able to demonstrate through your past projects strong verbal and graphical communication and contractual awareness.
You'll have excellent technical experience and business development skills. This is a key appointment for a progressive and talented design engineer who is keen to influence the Practice's growth strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in architecture and the wider public realm/built environment.
* Management and delivery of residential, commercial, and urban projects from outline scope to the construction stage in accordance with relevant British Standards
* Scoping of all necessary site investigation works to assist design and construction
* Timely production of the design outputs and associated documentation
* Preparation of civil general arrangement drawings and details as required
* Attendance at design, progress and site meetings as required
* Providing mentoring and support to junior staff
* Engagement and communications with clients as part of project delivery
· 4 years' experience Design Engineer-
· Ideally have experience working on many different projects
· Ideally chartered or working towards chartership
· Excellent Technical experience
· Excellent Business Development and commercial understanding
· It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of the engineering and construction industry and specifically, commercial, residential and education with the use of Steel/Timber.
· Excellent numerical, analytical, communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, problem solving ability, IT skills, confidentiality and attention to detail are imperative.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Industry applicable qualifications in chosen discipline
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Education, Residential, commercial, project planning, people management, timber, steelwork, steel, Design, construction, Analytical