The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for streamlining, simplifying and improving current end-to-end processes, driving a continuous improvement culture and solutions for a future state company expansion. Other responsibilities include documentation, solution design, implementation and training/communication.
- Work with value stream and functional area leaders of the specific business supported to:
- Identify process inefficiencies and gaps
- Define and capture business/project requirements
- Perform a liaison role between all parties (Business, Development, PMO, CIO):
- Provide business stakeholders with perspective on overall road map and direction of critical systems to manage short term requests can be fielded within the scope of long range planning
- Be prepared to present both pros and cons of business requests to stakeholders, explaining why some requests may or may not fit within the overall landscape and road map
- Provide a first point of contact to business stakeholders for potential needs and suggestions
- Work with development teams to refine requirements and translate them into designs.
- Work with the business stake holders to capture requirements and finalize the process, application, and systems designs
- Work with the PMO office and development teams to help ensure delivery of products that meet agreed upon features and delivery schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage competing schedules and priorities
- Business Analysis skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in manufacturing verticals
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in gathering and documenting project requirements
- 3+ years experience with ERP systems. Knowledge of QAD a plus
- 3+ years experience implementing software in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with a multitude of teams spread across an international company
- Experience with Teamcenter or general Product Life Cycle systems experience a plus
- Data analytics experience a plus
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment
- Strong consultative and advisory skills. Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong MS Visio skills