There's never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America!
For 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Today, TA is in the midst of a major company transformation. Driven by a passionate team, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, upgrading more than 100 existing TA, Petro and TA Express locations nationwide, implementing cutting edge technology and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA's transformation. This dynamic environment offers endless career opportunities for individuals interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA's future.
The role coordinates biodiesel logistics for the Fuel Supply Department, including approximately 150 million annual gallons of biodiesel supply (based on demand and inventory levels), optimal sourcing, contract execution, carrier notification, carrier delivery monitoring, and carrier claims management. Additionally, manages select fuel supply programs nationwide as necessary to support TA's overall fuel supply process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages "Fuel Shepherd", TA's proprietary fuel management system, to define daily fuel supply requirements for each assigned site based on forecasted volumes, current / targeted inventory levels, and market-based factors
- Gathers fuel purchase options and manage these options within "Fuel Shepherd" to define the optimal sourcing options based on prices, supplier reliability, carrier options, and contractual commitments
- Monitors real-time market conditions and supply availability to identify supply issues that need to be resolved to ensure reliable, low cost supply into each site
- Ensures TA and all contracted suppliers work within the terms of their agreements as set forth by the supplier and Fuel Supply.
- Ensures that fulfilling the requirements for the bulk fuel supplies are being brought into assigned markets
- Analyzes individual markets to explore pricing anomalies that may occur and support the identification / development of enhanced supply options. This will include negotiating short-term fuel supply contracts (day deals), sourcing product from remote locations and/or establishing logistics options to deliver low-cost product into each of our sites
- Configures "Fuel Shepherd" to interface with each carrier regarding load orders, load acceptance, real-time optimization, and execution monitoring
- Monitors daily carrier performance to identify and trouble-shoot potential logistics issues that may affect supply. Investigates and files appropriate claims as necessary
- Monitors long-term carrier performance based on defined carrier metrics (purchase performance, logistics timing impacts, best buy %, run-outs and the GM report card) and support continued performance improvements
- Supports back-office accounting for each load to ensure accurate load information in advance of subsequent ordering cycles
- Arranges carrier access to each TA fuel account as needed and monitor credit availability to anticipate credit issues that may impede low cost supply options
- Monitors and maintains compliance with special fuel programs (special diesel blends, biodiesel, additives, etc.) and the potential impact on daily fuel supply options
- Leads and supports special projects for the entire fuel supply team
- Negotiates freight contracts with all carriers and ensure that TA and each carrier conduct business within established guidelines
- Four years equivalent relevant business experience.
- PC proficiency with emphasis on Windows-based Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills required to positively impact cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills required.