Don't just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The candidate will Lead a team and oversee the planning, execution and reporting of integrated audits and initiatives in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets and deadlines.
This position requires
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to interface effectively with colleagues - at all levels and across departments - to influence decision-making and drive management's focus on control
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple projects and provide quality review across deliverables
- Proven ability lead team members in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results
- Ability to break-down a complex problem into components, solve them using data analysis, process knowledge and risk/control knowledge, and communicate data analysis, issues and control recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Lead multiple simultaneous audit projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different audit leaders
- Present audit objectives, scope, and results to senior management, clearly articulating the potential impact of control gaps in a highly professional competent manner
- Proactively manage audit execution including supervise and mentor junior staff, review their workpapers, and escalate issues
- Evaluate results, synthesize audit findings across the project, draft audit reports, and ensure effective and efficient audit execution
- Validate that actions taken by management to address findings are appropriate and document the results
- Collaborate with audit teams to understand the data behind key processes, risk and controls to develop analytic control tests and analyze and interpret their results
- Maintain the team's resource calendar, training program and recruiting pipeline, and execute the screening and selection process
- Effectively works independently, within a team and across teams in a fast-paced environment to drive business results, utilizing related project management skills, employing creative thinking, a focus on quality, and the ability to work on competing priorities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Extensive experience in relevant area
- Preferred financial services industry experience and an understanding of related products, services, features, economics and key regulations
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance related field; or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge and experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, and financial industry guidance relevant to the business, including technology and data implications
- Experience with data analytic tools, data visualization, key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and scorecards / dashboards
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, innovation and excellence
- Direct experience managing and developing high performing teams in audit
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex control issues to senior management
- Ability to travel
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on .