We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
The Economic and Commercial Analysis (ECA) Team is the primary source of evidence, analysis and modelling expertise for HS2 Ltd, supporting the scheme through key decision stages As an Analyst within the ECA Team at HS2 Ltd you will provide analytical support relating to either commercial analysis or transport modelling. The post-holders will use their skills to order, interrogate and analyse data, and to produce advice to stakeholders, supporting the company in helping ensure decisions on HS2 are based on sound evidence.About the role:
Qualifications About You:
- Manage a set of discrete work areas relating to either the commercial impacts of the HS2 railway or to transport modelling to meet requirements of customers in HS2 Ltd and the Department for Transport
- Knowledge management of specific analytical areas, acting as the subject matter expert gathering evidence and analysing key themes, and making recommendations on specific analytical issues
- Develop, manage and quality-assure analytical tools within the boundaries of clear requirements
- Pro-actively improve complex commercial and transport models and analytical frameworks as new information emerges
- Present conclusions and recommendations to a range of stakeholders
- Prepare written materials suitable for senior review and approval and develop key messages for upward communication
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships with internal customers, to ensure maximum value attained from analysis
- Work flexibly across the wider analysis team and lend support to areas which are not the sole responsibility of the post holder
- The post holders will report to the Commercial Analysis or Transport Modelling Leads and work under the supervision of a Senior Analyst
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to analyse data and identify patterns and trends in Excel or other analytical tools, including managing large and complex datasets
- Problem solving skills and capacity for working independently
- Analytical skills including commercial analysis or transport modelling
- Communication skills - liaising with internal and external stakeholders, developing reports and presenting findings of analysis to key clients
- Continuous improvement - seeking stakeholders' feedback to continually improve the stakeholder relationship and quality and impact of work
- Degree in a relevant subject (Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Transport Planning or Statistics) and/or a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in analytical areas relevant to Economic and Commercial Analysis for example: public sector appraisal, passenger demand forecasting and transport modelling, or Whole Life Cost modelling for commercial decision-making
- Knowledge of the uses and application of either economic, transport or financial models to interrogate data
- Knowledge of the role analysis plays in adding value to decision-making
- Experience of producing analysis using analytical tools/software such as Excel
- Experience of communicating analysis to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience of, or enthusiasm for working in a team-based or project environment, quality-assuring analysis conducted by peers, and contributing to the wider work of a team.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.About Us:
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.